Privacy and Cookies Policy
Waters and Sons Independent Funeral Directors Privacy and Cookies Policy.
General Data Protection Regulation on 25 may 2018. For more information and details visit GDPR.
1- What’s in this policy?
* What information we might collect about you
* How we might use that information
* When we might use your details to contact you
* What information of yours we might share with others
* Your choices of personal information you give us
2- What does the policy cover?
This policy covers the services that are offered by Waters and Sons Independent Funeral Directors.
3- How is my personal information protected?
We are strongly committed to keeping you and your family’s information safe. Our services our designed with your safety in mind.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure, if you have any concerns that your personal information has been put at risk please get in touch straight away.
Where we store your information
Information will be stored at Waters and Sons Independent Funeral Directors.
4- What type of information do Waters and Sons collect about me
* We might ask for name and contact details and financial details and all other information in order to carry out our duties.
* Personal information of other family members for funeral purposes.
5- How long will Waters and Sons keep my personal information?
* We only hold your information for as long as we are dealing with your needs or have a valid reason to keep them
* We design our services so that we do not have to hold your information any longer than we have to.
6- How can Waters and Sons use my personal information
At Waters and Sons we have to have a valid reason to use your personal information. This is called “lawful basis of processing”. Sometimes we might ask your permission to do things, other times when you would reasonably expect us to use your personal information, we don’t ask your permission, but only when:
* The law says it’s fine to use it
* It fits with the rights you have
We use your information for these types of things:
* To make sure we deliver our services and provide you with information about them
* To personalise our services to your needs
* To deal with any other or your request, complaints and enquires
* To help us understand what kind of services you might need
* To contact you about various things in order to provide the best service possible
When will Waters and sons use my information to contact me?
* To check on any updated information on the services we provide
* To answer you when you have contacted us, or respond to a comment or complaint
* To invite you to take part in a review of the service provided
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We will only send you marketing information or contact you about Waters and sons services and for your views about Waters and sons if you have agreed to this.
When does Waters and Sons share my personal information with others?
We at Waters and Sons will never sell your personal information. We do however have to share with others in order to provide the best service possible.
* When we need to use other services in order to provide for your needs and requirements.
* We make sure that your personal information is looked after, only share with them what they need to provide the service needed.
* We might also share your information by law, or when we need to protect you or others from harm.
Can I delete my information?
This depends on what information you are talking about
* Waters and Sons account information
You can have your account details deleted but you must keep in mind:
* We keep records of how and what services you have used
* We also keep anything you have commented on
* Any other information collected that you might ask to be deleted.
What are my rights?
You have the right to:
* Request a copy of your information
* To ask us to correct information that is wrong
* Request we only use it for certain purposes
* To change your mind and ask to stop using your information
* Remember you are in control of your information
* Please bear in mind we might not be able to help. If the law tells us we can’t.
How do I find out about changes to this policy?
If we need to make any changes we might need to update this policy and we will let you know by notice or email.
How to contact Waters and Sons?
* Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
* By post – Waters and Sons Independent Funeral Directors Limited
106, Spring road,
SOUTHAMPTON, SO19 2QB